Islam is a monotheistic religion with many differing sects which believes that:
The Five Pillars of Islam
- There is one all-knowing divinity (Allah) and Muhammad is his messenger.
- Perfect peace comes from total submission to Allah.
- By following the “Five Pillars of Faith” one can achieve perfect peace.
- The Qur’an and Hadith are sacred texts which outline the characteristics of Allah and offer guidance about how individuals should live.
- One day, Allah, with absolute justice and mercy, will judge all of human kind.
- To testify your belief in One God (called Allah in Arabic) and the Prophet Muhammed as His Last and Final Messenger (peace and blessings of God be upon him).
- To pray five daily prayers at their appointed times
- To fast from dawn to dusk during the lunar month of Ramadan.
- To pay alms on excess wealth
- To make Pilgrimage to the Mosque in Mecca once in a lifetime, if one is able.